Monday, July 09, 2007

So Sad

Paul, myself and just about anyone who has ever seen it agree that the 1993 movie "My Life" is the saddest movie ever made. The trailer should tell you what its all about...



While tens of thousands of sad songs have been written, most are about personal heartbreak and lost love which while sad, is something most can just as easily distance themselves from than relate to. Music, to me hasn't had an equivalent to "My Life".

On the plane to DC, I heard this song "If You're Reading This" by Tim McGraw (known to some as the guy who played the drunk dad in the movie version of "Friday Night Lights"), I welled up and came close to breaking down; and I was flying JetBlue which usually makes me happy.

Well turns out the song is a performance from the American Country Music Awards and the video is even sadder. I consider this video NSFW as being seen crying in the office isn't safe for anyone's career.



Can anyone name either a) a sadder movie than "My Life" or b) a sadder song than this one?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:41 AM , Blogger Paul said...

My allergies are really bothering me today.

 
At 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I 1000% agree about 'My Life'. The song is sad but I sorta feel like there are others on par with it. I can't think of an example though. It's all determined by your mood and experiences though, so there's no #1 saddest for everyone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home