Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ohio State Weekend Blog III: Friday Afternoon

After friendly greetings we claim Paul's luggage and hop a cab to my brother's apartment. An entirely seamless process. For the record, I have gone 29 years without one significant flight problem. Not one cancelled flight, not one lost piece of luggage, not one lost cab from the airport. I have just cursed myself for the next 29 years, I know.

Upon arrival Paul and I entertain ourselves, waiting for my brother to get out of work, with some uninspired games of pool. Took three games for someone to win without the 8 ball being scratched on or hit in by an opponent. Makes you wonder how the people on TV get as good as they do in pool. Did Minnesota Fats or that Asian on ESPN2 ever scratch on an 8 ball? Better yet, what if other sports worked liked Pool? Could Indianapolis be beating Chicago 42-0 then have Chicago win because Marvin Harrison knocked over a pylon or Adam Vinateri wiffed on a Field Goal? I hate Pool. A rebroadcast of the Giants Super Bowl win over the Bills knocks us both to sleep like only those old Giants teams could.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home