Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ohio State Weekend Blog: "B-Dub's"

The night ends at Buffalo Wild Wings' known affectionately at "B-Dub's" by Daren's friends and I imagine a few other locals. "B-Dub's" is another restaurant chain that advertises nationally despite having no presence in New England and the Northeast. Which only serves to make me mad when I see their ads, want to go there and find out I can't.

Anyway we sit down and I try to locate the name of their hottest flavor of wing, because this weekend as previously mentioned I'm punishing my insides. It's called "Blazin'" I order six, if I finish twelve I get my name on a wall, but I decide to stay with six because my body's still kind of full from crappy arena chicken tenders (I always fall for those, why?).

I finish the wings fine, mouth pretty hot, sinuses flaring but I'm doing okay. I wipe my hands and since my eye is itchy I rub my eye. BIG MISTAKE! I didn't get all the sauce off my hands and he heat causes me to temporarily go blind and keeps my eyelids from being able to open. I rush to the bathroom and splash water on my eyes. When I come back I look like I just ripped bong hits for three hours, my eyes all glazed and bloodshot. But I do regain eyesight.

Paul decides to play trivia, the kind with those tacky word puns to tell you what the answer isn't. And I see on ESPN next to the trivia screen that Syracuse has lost and Doug Gottleib is talking above the caption "Syracuse Should Press the Panic Button". I know I'm due for a Paul fit when we see the second half on DVR and agree to watch with him.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:13 AM , Blogger Paul said...

This is the limitation of this medium. We will never be able to express how funny it was that Derek thought he had made it through the "blazin" wings unscathed only to almost lose his vision by rubbing the sauce in his eye.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home