Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ohio State Weekend Blog III: Mongolian Barbeque

Daren comes home and its off to one of the great small restaurant chains Columbus provides, BD's Mongolian Barbeque. They offer some appetizers and small entrees but Daren, myself, his friends and just about everyone that goes there goes for the Unlimited Stir-Fry. For $12.95 you get a bowl to fill at three stations 1) With raw meat, chicken, and seafood 2) Vegetables. eggs, and noodles 3) An array of sauces and spices. After you fill the bowl you hand it to one of six stir fry cooks surrounding one large stir-fry grill. They mix and cook your ingredients and hand you back your cooked bowl. I'll give you an example. One of my three bowls was New York Strip Steak and Shrimp over Lo-Mein noodles with Mushroom and Onions with an egg added for thickness, mixed with a combination of Chili Garlic and Barbeque Sauce with half a spoon of Cayenne Pepper. If it sounds delicious it was, if it sounds disgusting it probably was. You'd have to have been to understand.

Our group was Daren, his longtime girlfriend AnnMarie, good friends Jamie Natalie and his wife LAURA, Jon Marc and his fiancee' Abby, Mike Racanelli ("Rac") and his expecting wife Amanda, Paul and Myself. I did not get the name of our waiter but he was gay, of course and was surprised we were passing on dessert. I was so happy to see LAURA. I couldn't imagine a trip to Columbus and not seeing LAURA. My heartburn-enducing overly seasoned mound of slop and rice tasted that much more delicious because LAURA could watch me eat it. Yes, I'm overcompensating for writing two Ohio State Weekend Blogs and NEVER mentioning Laura. I am so sorry.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:03 AM , Blogger Paul said...

I wonder if Jamie Natalie ever saw a hot girl introduced himself and she said "Hi, my name is Natalie."
Then he said "never mind, it'll never work out."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home