Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ohio State Weekend Blog III: Basketball Pageantry

For the makers of "Script Ohio" and "Neutron Dance Man" and "The Best Damn Band in the Land", Ohio State Basketball games lacked the expected atmosphere I built up from years of going to football games. No pyrotechnics or rock music during the lineup introductions. Just the usual college arena stuff. They even use that ESPN song from the first "Jock Jams" CD that Syracuse used when I was in college and probably still does. The basketball program does declare tonight "White Out Night" asking all fans to arrive wearing white. The results are cool to see and probably came out well on TV. It also allows Paul and I to make the joke to our families "can you see me on TV, I'm the one wearing white".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home