Friday, January 11, 2008

Night at the Garden and my "Thing with Foam Fingers"

Despite coming down with my "January Cold", Scott convinced me to attend a Boston Bruins/Carolina Hurricanes game with him Tuesday night. I am usually able to resist the words "Free Food", "Free Beer", or even "Luxury Box" but I am defenseless against the use of all six of these words at the same time.

The Bruins (or actually TD Banknorth Garden) opened up a Luxury Suite to various media outlets in town so that they could at least be made aware that hockey was still being played in Boston as well as many other cities in America.

The crowd in our suite was all media. I didn't ask, you could tell from the conversations people were having and the names being dropped like passes intended for Santana Moss. In fact the only hat trick I heard all night was Scott dropping the names of three Channel 5 on-air personalities in one sentence to the Media Relations Rep hosting us at the suite.

The Bruins lost 1-0 on a goal by Yakov Smirnoff and the great goalie play of Sven Bjork (okay I just made those names up). At the end the people at TD Banknorth Garden gave us parting schwag for attending including a gym bag, water bottle, Bruins dish towel, USB drive and a yellow Bruins foam finger...

I had to decline the foam finger, much to the surprise of Scott.

I have a sensory defensiveness to open-celled foam which is what most foam fingers and unpainted Nerf balls are made of.

If I were to touch one, whatever arm was touching it (likely the other one too) would instantly break into goosebumps. I'm not sure if the goosebumps would go away as I usually remove my hand from the object before finding out.

I have no other phobias that I know of and acquired this one late in my youth as I remember having many foam fingers as a kid.

Now you know a little more about me.

Yikes!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home