Thursday, March 08, 2007

SU-UConn Chat Transcript

(Below is everyone's e-mails watching yesterday's Syracuse win over Connecticut in the First Round of the Big East Tournament. The e-mails have been transcribed to look like a chat session, which is pretty much what they were. Read from the bottom up.)

PA: I thought Beers was making millions off freesuri.com

SI: Beers, better buy up collegesportsbitchfest.com

PA: great second half by the Orange
they stopped turning it over which ended the fast breaking
the refs stopped calling fouls...no it was tim riggins...it was jim burr
tough game against ND...if they are on shooting our zone will get killed
I think our players ordered a size up in the new jerseys because they didnt look that tight
didnt look like wife beaters, more like sleeveless Ts
Derek is so upset that no one except me reads his blog
there is a Buffalo Wild Wings in a subway station in Brooklyn
SU is still on the bubble but looking pretty good

BB: By the way... This has spawned off a fantastic web site idea in my head... If only I could follow through on these things :(

DL: This was fun…let's do it again tomorrow!

DG: Btw, I cant wait to see the first fat kid in one of those new uniforms.
Baggy shorts and wife beaters is very futuristic...

JH: How is Rautins a horrible free throw shooter? He's white! Our foul shooting is awful. So awful.

SI: We'll take it. Bring on Digger's Dykes.

DG: horrible line for rautins 4 fouls 7 points 3 rebounds 0 assists.

DL: He's playing with four fouls. How does a scrawny little white kid get called for four fouls?

DG: Rautins cant hit a layup...horrible

DL: I believe tomorrow is 2pm tipoff also?

SI: Big Nickel with the trey! 75-60 cuse 3:08 left

JH: 4 minuets left, up by 16

SI: Where are the obligatory Leo Rautins crowd shots

DG: thanks josh. didnt know aboutthat

JH: I'm watching on Espn 360 off espn.com. 61-48 SU

DG: Jesus christ. I wish I had a tv at work

DG: There's still 10 minutes left and SU hasnt going into there prevent offense yet.

SI: Is that tomorrow? For shizzle

BB: glad to be wrong with my pick here.. Orange day wouldn't be the same tomorrow if they were already on a bus back to South Campus.

EW: Syracuse pulling away up 11

JH: Nichols with a 3. Up by 11.

SI: More importantly, instead of the Big Check... should we order a
championship ring for Josh?

SI: Look at that homo dressed up like a Husky. What a douche.

DG: Josh is gay....email of the year

SI: I'm surprised there haven't been any Beat Thabeet jokes.

BP: Rautins made and 3 and Jay Bilas just said, "Wow, it doesn't take long for him to squeeze on off does it?"

JH: Wow. You guys are tiring. I think "I love wings...." could be nominated
for the email of the year. 45-43 SU up

DG: I love wings....

DL: http://thepizzaparlor.blogspot.com/2007/01/ohio-state-weekend-blog-b-dubs.html

DL: Does anyone even read my blog anymore?

EW: I have seen those places in Buffalo !!!

SI: Where can I find one of these Buffalo Wild Wings places? Looks like
the kind of place Derek and I could go nuts in.

BP: 45-40 SU on top

DG: We are going to get josh anal beads instead of a championship ring.

MF: Is Bill watching AMC?

JH: Devendorf is down. 53-45 SU

BB: Syracuse looks asleep...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................Here is why I am worried about our Big East draw:Team Rebounds Rankings:1) UConn
2) Syracuse 3) Notre Dame Gulp....

SI: OK, I'm watching now. I assume we've played down to the level of our competition for a half, gotten some bad calls, and Devendorf has 20 turnovers. That about right?

BP: 38-36 UConn at the half

MF: So many fouls.I think they may ask me to start the second half.

BP: 32-31 UConn w/ 3:40 left

PA: it's a miracle we're only down four at this point
they are playing very poorly
Raftery just said theyre gonna give Harris a blow
EZ chuckled
im going downstairs to watch the rest
enough of the rest of you are watching to keep haskins informed

BP: One Gerry McNamara reference down in the BE Tourny... 2,465,367 to go. STILL OVERRATED!

EW: Currently in montage of G-mac last year.

MF:We are in major foul trouble.Did Harris hit a jumper this year?I think I have a better shot than him.
PA: foul trouble Roberts has 2 Watkins has 2 Devendorf has 2 Matt Gorman is playing the middle of the zone we're about to enter a stretch where every UConn possession is missed shot, missed tip, good follow the great Boeheim plays only 6 guys all year
SU has no bench can't wait to hear him bitching about the selection committee on Sunday

DL: Mike likes them and thinks Terrance Roberts looks sexy in his.


PA: Jay Bilas called Andy Rautins a savvy defender
Bill loves court savvy

EW: The uni’s are GAY!!!!! When was silver a team color?

PA: Bill is wrong the new uniforms do look nice much better than the picture SU hates guarding jump shooters rautins chucked up a horrible 3 and fell on his ass UConn leads 8-5

MF: Rautins missed two threes by a mile. Watkins may be the difference maker if he can control the boards.

EW: We are currently in a commercial break – allstate insurance

BP: I'm changing my mind, they don't look good. They're too tight compared to the bagggy shorts. Looks like they're wearing wife beaters. UConn up 3-0

BP: Uniformed don't look bad, they're cool actually. They're not the underarmour tight shirts they were made out to be

MF: Nova wins 75 - 67.

BP: Exactly!

DL: In the tradition of Myron Cope, Tom Heinson, and John Sterling. Mike is our lovable homer.

EW: That’s what I like to see

MF: SU runs the table.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM , Blogger Paul said...

I think PPD prefers not having a TV at work...he likes getting his SU updates from us

 
At 11:33 AM , Blogger Scott said...

this should be attributed to me:

BP: OK, I'm watching now. I assume we've played down to the level of our competition for a half, gotten some bad calls, and Devendorf has 20 turnovers. That about right?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home