Tuesday, March 03, 2009

What He Should Say Theater

With apologies to Paul, I feel like I'm the only one to tackle this...

Over the weekend it was discovered that the Broncos entertained the idea of trading Jay Cutler for the purpose of acquiring Matt Cassel. This enfuriated Cutler and he was refusing to talk to new head coach Josh McDaniels until a sit-down was scheduled for next week. I have a feeling the meeting is going to be for the purpose of placating Cutler and making him feel wanted by the Broncos again. However, I feel like McDaniels should take another approach. This is what he should say.

"Sit down son. While we did not actively seek to trade you, yes we entertained the idea when my old quarterback in New England Matt Cassel was shopped to us. Here's why. While you are very talented and had a very impressive season this year, things you have said to the media, opponents and your teammates make me wonder if you feel like you have nothing to prove. I'm here to tell you you have A LOT to prove to me and to the city of Denver. You may have a stronger arm than John Elway, I was a teenager during his prime so I don't have first hand basis to judge but you haven't come close to accomplishing what he has in this league and until you do, you will always have something to prove. I'll say this about Matt, and then I will never say his name to you again, from the second he stepped in for Tom, he knew he had something to prove and practiced and played accordingly. If you take that same attitude, with your abilities you can win a Super Bowl and possibly multiple Super Bowls but you have to realize that you have not arrived until you do that. Now I too have something to prove, I'm a 32 year old head coach replacing a legend myself. We're in this together and we're going to accomplish a lot together if you come to realize that you have something to learn from me. If you still feel like you have nothing to prove and I'm full of shit than we will try to send you elsewhere, but you have the best chance to succeed here with me. Together we will prove to this city that the Broncos are the best organization in football once more".

Or he can knock on his house, eat some of his dimented grandmother's pie then take him out to Invesco Field and make him bark out plays. But then I'll know he's been watching Friday Night Lights as much as I have, which is too much.

Man Up!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:45 AM , Blogger Paul said...

Or he could bench Cutler and get chewed out by Cutler's senile grandmother in the grocery store.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home