Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virginia Tech Shooting

Paul and Scott have covered yesterday's shooting massacre at Virginia Tech better than I can.

Obviously I liked it better when all I knew Virginia Tech for were the Vick brothers, running up the score on Syracuse, and Frank Beamer's lollipop accusation.

The assailant has been identified. Ironic that I had just talked to Josh about moving from Virginia.

I prefer to wait for a motive, before I listen to any cries for more gun control. When what may be needed is a cry for more crazy guy control.

I won't wait for a motive to make a cry for no more Michael Moore movies.

I also heard on the radio here that if all students were allowed to carry guns, this wouldn't have happened. Ummm no. More students would be killing each other over dumber shit like making top 8's on Myspace or Facebook.

Like Columbine, this incident is an unthinkable tragedy and an act of unthinkable malice by someone who suffered the fate they deserved. What the lessons of this will or won't be, remains to be seen. My condolensces to the families of the victims.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home