Monday, January 08, 2007

PPCS: BCS National Championship

BCS National Championship: The Ohio State 35, Florida 21. I'd love to give you some reason why Florida could win this game. I'd love to. I hate sounding like the homer with this pick I really do. Ohio State just has the better athletes at every position on the field. I guess Urban Meyer with six months to prepare for a team is dangerous and then I remind myself its only been six weeks, not six months. Ohio State was the ONE GREAT team in college football all year and the only one that would stand up to the champions of year's past in what was a down year for many top notch programs including USC who we can now assume would've given Ohio State the best game out of any team in the country. Let me take this opportunity to express my displeasure with the double-hosting model which has made this game seem like an afterthought and an appendix to the bowl season rather than the ultimate in College Football games. Can these two teams even come close to what Boise State and Oklahoma did this time last week? I'd be remissed if I didn't mention that this is also the last game in the 15-year career of Chris Leak at Florida, or so it seems.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home