Friday, November 17, 2006

The Ohio State-Michigan Preview

This is the last time I am imploring you the readers of this blog to watch Saturday's Ohio State-Michigan game on Saturday. For some reason though, I don't think I have to.

This Saturday will be one of those rare instances in sports when a sports best rivalry takes its greatest stage. You would have to go back the Red Sox-Yankees ALCS of 2003 and 2004 to find stakes so perfect for two rivals to be playing for.

I fully expect about five minutes after kickoff for me to think "wow, they're actually playing the game now" a true sign of a big game to me. Once the ball is kicked off and the blogs are done being written here's a look at what could happen.

I don't expect either team to run the football well, although Michigan could have an easier time than Ohio State so much so it might be part of their game plan in an attempt to keep Troy Smith off the field. If they can run at Laurinaitis (whose an overrated tackler) and the linebackers they could keep the score in the teens or twenties and have a very good chance in the end.

The Buckeyes may have trouble protecting Troy Smith as Lamar Woodley is a monster and will be lined up against a LT coming back from an ankle injury. I expect Tressel to gameplan some bootlegs for Smith and Troy was a scrambling passer when he entered Ohio State. I'm sure he can channel some creativity and make plays.

While I give Michigan more of a chance than the rest of the country and this game WILL be close. You have to go with the undefeated Quarterback and 4-1 Head Coach until they prove you wrong.

Ohio State 27, Michigan 21

Go Bucks!

O-H!

I-O!

Don't Give a Damn about the Whole State of Michigan!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home