Sunday, March 12, 2006

Pizza Parlor Madness: Duke

Nickname: Blue Devils
Colors: Blue and White
Location: Durham, NC
Enrollment: 12,800
Conference: Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC)
Distinguished Alumni: Shane Battier, Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand, Grant Hill, Christian Laettner, Tucker Max (my hero), Melinda Gates, Richard Nixon, Dick Vitale, Satan, the entire officiating crew of the ACC (I’m not as sure about the last three)

Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski , American Express Cardholder
Record (Conference Record): 30-3 (15-2)
Advanced by: Beat Boston College to win ACC Tournament
RPI: 1
SOS: 2
Best Performance: Beat Texas 97-66 (Neutral)
Best Player: G J.J. Redick(ulously gay)
No. of Seniors: 6
NCAA Tournament Appearances (in four years): 29 (4)
Likely Seed: 1

Duke is everything good about college basketball and academia and life, at least that's what I'm reminded of everytime I see one of their games. It is almost too easy to root against this team. I was actually cheering them on against the turncoats of Boston College. Then I saw J.J. Redick after hitting a three. He is a tremendous shooter but as hatable a Duke player as Christian Laettner. They should go to the Final Four that is the expectation, but it would be very rewarding to see them stumble and get beat before Indianapolis.

I never get sick of this picture

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM , Blogger Lebatron said...

Since you mentioned Tucker Max..Did you know that Tucker Max is being sued...AGAIN!? Check out my blog for more info.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home