Wednesday, October 18, 2006

True Life: I'm a Staten Island Girl

Against Paul’s wishes I checked out MTV’s True Life: I’m a Staten Island Girl last night.

MTV followed three girls (I’ve forgotten their names already) from Staten Island in their mid-20’s who have gotten through life with the help of their parents money who now must strive to leave Staten Island and overcome their accent, credit card debt and affection for meatheads to achieve their dreams. My heart literally bled to the floor for these people. While MTV cleverly crafted one scene to make it look like the credit card debt girl got denied a waitressing job simply because she was from Staten Island. The show provided one hilarious highlight. I’ll set it up:

Meathead loving girl who is hanging out with her girlfriends meets a random greaseball meathead (one of literally hundreds) in a club.

They start dancing on the dance floor and the greaseball meathead proceeds to grab one of the girl’s girlfriend’s asses.

Girl: “What are you doing grabbing my friend’s ass while we’re dancing?”

Greaseball Meathead: “What are we, committed?”

I spit out my beer, laughing profusely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home